Monday, October 06, 2008

Miller Lite Lope 5k Recap

This past weekend I was a glutton for punishment. This is one of my favorite races for a couple reasons. They have a nice t-shirt at a great price(One of the few races that I will open my wallet for and get the t-shirt), the venue is the Miller Brewery located outside Trenton Ohio, and the best awards of any race large or small. If you win your age or weight division, you get a case of Miller Lite or if you are under the age of 21 or a tea totaler, Premium Root Beer or Vanilla Creme Soda. The course is a flat two loop run around the brewery. I missed last years due to technical difficulty, but even after doing the Reggae Run the night before, I was not going to miss the 22nd. I was disappointed that the t-shirt was short sleeve as they usually gave a nice long sleeve t-shirt but the design did not disappoint. Also, attendance seemed down from 2006 when I last ran it but it was a great day to run on a Sunday afternoon. Runners and walkers get separate starts as walkers start a half hour before the runners. The post race was bagels, water, and fruit. The awards ceremony seemed to go on for awhile but you always stay to see if you won your age group or division and male runners seem to be the last one that they get to. The biggest shame is that more people do not either know about this race or with the number of races in Southwest Ohio, it gets difficult to fit a unique race like this into your running schedule.

No comments: