Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Run for Haiti 5k Recap
I was unable to get myself out of bed for the Mount Airy Trail Run and I run Lunken at least once a year for a race so I decided to do the Help Haiti 5k as there are not many races on the West Side of Cincinnati. But with over 150 races in the Greater Cincinnati area, that is slowly changing. The race was this past Sunday afternoon at Oak Hills High School. It was put on by the Oak Hills High School French Club to raise funds for the relief effort in Haiti. The race had over 300 runners /walkers. Race conditions in terms of weather was great especially for a race going off at 3:00 PM as there was a light rain during the race rather than blazing heat and humidity. The course started from the Oak Hills High School went out towards Lawrence Road and came back to the high school. It extensively featured the subdivision of Cairnhaven. I was exepcting it to be hilly as I have run Lawrence from time to time but I did not expect the numbers of twists and turnarounds on the course which made the course one of the more difficult that I have run. I ran about 27 minutes but I did better than what I have been running lately. Also, I edged out Bill Hemmer who came to town to help support the race plus a few other charitable causes in Greater Cincinnati. Post race had bagels, bananas and water. I did not stay long for the postrace or awards as I had to be somplace by 5:00 PM.

No comments: