Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Egg Nog Jog Recap

The Egg Nog Jog is one of my favorite races in Cincinnati. I have run this race more times than any other in Cincinnati with the exception of the Reggae Run. The course is one of my favorites as it a loop course that goes around Mount Adams, and Eden Park. It has one of the more difficult hills that I haver faced even though it is not very long. The 2008 race was held a week later than usual on December 20, 2008. Typically the race gets around 150-200 runners but this year it got 400 runners and they had a line for registration out the door of the Koka Coffee Lounge, the kind host and a sponsor for this race. I decided not to get the t-shirt since I have so many and due to the number of runners, I heard that they ran out during preregistration. However, you could order one on race day and they would send it to you. Many runners could not get to the Jingle Bell Run 2 weeks earlier due to snow, so they decided to do this one. The course starts on the Jerome in Mount Adams and you go by several Mount Adams landmarks like the Celestial, Rookwood Pottery, the Art Museum, Playhouse in the Park, the Krohn Conservatory, the Water Tower and of course Eden Park. In Eden Park, you run around Mirror Lake and up through Seasongood Pavilion back to the finish by the old Rookwood Pottery Builidng which I believe is now a restaurant known as Porkopolis. Post Race featured water, coffee, bananas, and of course Egg Nog. Since it was quite cold, most did not stick around for the the door prizes and awards so I even won a door prize. Egg Nog Jog Results.

No comments: