Monday, March 31, 2014
The Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati is part of the Piggest Raffle ever with the Flying Pig Marathon for 2014. Adopt a pig for $5 for a chance to to win a two year lease on a Toyota Prius and help the Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati raise funds. If you wish to adopt a Pig(s) on behalf of the Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati, you can do so online at www.piggestraffle.com. Just select Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati as the charity. The official "Pig Drop" to determine the contest winners will take place on Flying Pig Marathon weekend downtown.
Monday, March 24, 2014
The Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati will have a fluid station at mile 22 for the 16th Annual Flying Pig Marathon. Mile 22 is where the marathon really begins for the runners and your support and encouragement means plenty to them. If you are running the marathon, please encourage your friends and family to help out. If you're not running, join us for a little fun and help us help the runners at mile 22. To volunteer at our waterstop:
- Go to the Flying Pig Volunteer Registration Page.
- Click the Sign-up with registered group.
- Find and select Runners' Club of Cincinnati from the group list.
- Complete volunteer information.
- Use Runnerclub as the group password when asked near the end of the form.
Sunday, March 16, 2014
The Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati had a significant turnout for the Heart Mini Marathon. We had almost 50 people run the Half, the 15k or the 5k. Here is a list of those members that did the 2014 Heart Mini Marathon. If your name is not listed, send us an email and we will verify your data:
Heart 5k Run
|Mary Alice Gruden||2:59:51|
Heart 5k Run
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Here is what the Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati has going on for the Heart Mini Marathon this weekend:
- For those that joined The Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati Heart Mini Team, you can pick up your stuff at the Heart Mini Expo this Saturday March 15. The expo opens at 9:00 AM. In years past, they had a pick-up for groups. If they have a pick up for groups, go there, tell them your name and team(Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati) and there should not be a problem.
- Every year, the Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati gets a hospitality suite in the Westin for members. We
provide food, drinks, a place to stash your gear, and a view of Fountain Square - where all the action is on race
day! It will be available around 7:00 AM on raceday. We
generally find out the room number on late Saturday afternoon at check-in so
check your email for the room number Saturday evening or contact us at email@example.com.
Note:Only current paid RCGC members plus one guest, and nonmembers who signed up for the Runners' Club Heart Mini-Team have access to the rooms.
Monday, March 10, 2014
While looking at few results this past weekend, I noticed a few familiar names of club members that did a road race. Here is a list of members that ran a race this past weekend:
Quo Vadis 5k
Quo Vadis 10k
Shamrock Shuffle 10k
This weekend was a busy race weekend in Greater Cincinnati with about 2500 runners and walkers at the Shamrock Shuffle up in West Chester, and about 1500 at the Bockfest 5k in Over-the-Rhine plus a few races in between. Here are the race results for some of the races the weekend of March 8:
Friday, March 07, 2014
As you probably know, Daylight Saving Time begins this Sunday March 9. Be sure to set your clocks ahead one hour this weekend so you do not miss either the club's group run on Sunday at 8:15 AM or the RCGC Board Meeting at Graeter's in Ft. Thomas at 10:00AM. About Daylight Saving Time.
Tuesday, March 04, 2014
It is about two weeks to go until St. Patrick's Day! For the next three weekends, there are races to help you celebrate. Race Listings are below:
- Saturday March 8, Shamrock Shuffle 5k & 10K, 8:30 AM, The Square at Union Center, West Chester OH. Race information available at www.wclfoundation.com and www.runningtime.net.
- Saturday March 15, Shamrock Shuffle 3k, 8:00 AM, Lexington Center, Lexington KY. Visit www.shamrockshuffle3k.com for more information.
- Saturday March 15, Run for the Green 5K Trail Run, 9:00 AM, Landon Deerfield Park, Maineville OH. Contact Greg McCormick at 513-793-0508 or visit www.runningtime.net for more information.
- Saturday March 15, ORRRC St. Patrick's 5k, 10:00 AM, Middletown High School, Middletown OH. Visit www.orrrc.org for more information.
- Saturday March 22, Emerald Miles 5k Run/Walk, 9:00 AM, Newport on the Levee, Race Information available at www.cincinnatiepilepsy.org.
- Saturday March 22, Harrigan's 5k, 9:30 AM, Harrigan's Tavern, Kettering OH, Visit www.harrigans5k.com for more information.