Monday, December 31, 2012
Sunday, December 30, 2012
Here are the final results from the December poll question. The question was: What Running Gift Would You Like For Christmas? Running Shoes was the top vote getter with 4 votes followed by Local Running Store Gift Card, Running Apparel, and All expense paid trip to a Destination Race with 2 Votes each. Thank you to the 11 that voted. Results will be up for the next few days and the next poll question will be out next year. If you have an idea for a poll question, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
January 6 is the considered the final Day of the Christmas season and to celebrate the Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati is hosting a 12 Days of Christmas Run on January 6 at 9:00 AM. Meet at the Tower Park Track in Ft. Thomas KY. The run will be laps around a track combined with bodyweight exercise like pushups, jumping jacks etc following the song The Twelve Days of Christmas. The first day is a lap around the track, 2nd day is two reps of an exercise like pushups followed by a lap around the track, third day is 3 reps of a different exercise followed by the two reps of the 2nd day exercise, followed by a lap around the track until all 12 days are completed.
Actions for each day are below:
Actions for each day are below:
- Day 1 - Lap around a track
- Day 2 - 2 8 count body builders
- Day 3 - 3 Jump Squats
- Day 4 - 4 Skaters
- Day 5 - 5 Burpees
- Day 6 - 6 Superman
- Day 7 - 7 Plank Jacks
- Day 8 - 8 Push Ups
- Day 9 - 9 Mountain Climbers
- Day 10 - 10 Jumping Jacks
- Day 11 - 11 Squats
- Day 12 -12 40 yd sprints
- DATE: Sunday, January 6, 2013
- TIME: 9:00 AM
- PLACE: Tower Park, Ft. Thomas KY. Meet at the track.
- INFO:January 6 is the considered the last day of Christmas and to celebrate the Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati is hosting a 12 Days of Christmas Run on January 6 at 9:00 AM. Meet at the Tower Park Track in Ft. Thomas KY. The run will be laps around a track combined with bodyweight exercise like pushups, jumping jacks etc following the song The Twelve Days of Christmas. The first day is a lap around the track, 2nd day is two reps of an exercise like pushups followed by a lap around the track, third day is 3 reps of a different exercise followed by the two reps of the 2nd day exercise, followed by a lap around the track until all 12 days are completed. No monetary cost. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Thursday, December 20, 2012
The Al Salvato Frostbite 5 Mile Run / 5k Walk will be held at 10:30 AM on January 1 at the Campbell County YMCA. The race is named in memory of Al Salvato, founder and longtime race director of the Frostbite 5, who passed away in 2006 due to complications from Leukemia. Al was a strong supporter of the YMCA and distance running in Northern Kentucky. He started the race about 30 years ago to raise money for the YMCA's Strong Kids Campaign.
- DATE: Tuesday, January 1, 2013
- TIME: 10:30 AM
- PLACE: Campbell County YMCA, Ft. Thomas KY
- COST: $30 preregistered(includes T-shirt)through December 28. Race Day registration is $35. Race Information
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Join the Runners' Club this winter in one of the most fun and unusual races you'll find in Cincinnati. In 2009 we made it more unusual by adding a couple of new specialty categories like Ball & Chain(a male and female runner are tethered together so they run together) and Blind Date(you randomly get a partner). In 2010, we brought back the Costume division (need to run the race in costume). See what we do in 2013! The race is put on by the Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati and proceeds go to support running in the Greater Cincinnati area and the NKU Cross Country and Track team.
- DATE: Sunday, February 10, 2013 - Open to All.
- TIME: 12 Noon.
- PLACE: Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY.
- PRE-REGISTRATION: ends Monday, February 4th, 2013.
- PACKET PICK-UP: The Running Spot, Newport, Saturday, February 9, 2013 1 - 3 PM or at NKU day of race.
- DIRECTIONS: 471 ends at 27, go straight through light. Turn right at next light (NKU). Take first left, then first right.
- COURSE: 2 mile course beginning at Albright Health Center.
- OTHER: Get the flier or register online.
Monday, December 17, 2012
The poll question for December is out! We want to know:
What running gift would you like for Christmas?Christmas will be here soon so answer now.
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Join the Runner's Club of Greater Cincinnati at our annual 5k run/walk at England/Idlewild Park on Saturday, January 26th, 2013. The race starts at 10:00 AM, with race day registration beginning at 8:30 AM at shelter #1 inside the Park. Preregistration is only $10.00 for Club members and $15.00 for the general public, or register online at www.runsignup.com beginning December 15th! Race day registration will be $15.00 for Club members and $20.00 for general public. Awards will go to the top overall male and female runners, and top overall male and female walkers. *New for this year: The top 25 males and top 25 females to cross the finish line will receive a commemorative race pint glass! Door prizes, food and drinks will be provided to all participants after the race. For more information and to print a mail-in race entry form, please visit www.cincinnatirunning.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DATE: Saturday January 26, 2013
- TIME: 10:00 AM
- PLACE: England-Idlewild Park, Burlington KY. Meet at Shelter #1.
- DISTANCE: 5K Run /Walk
- INFORMATION: The Runners’ Club of Greater Cincinnati will be hosting an 5k run and walk on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at England/Idlewild Park in Burlington, KY (Boone County). Come have fun with other Club members and meet some new runners and walkers – bring a friend along! Wear your snow shoes if you wish for added fun!Get the flier, register online or visit www.cincinnatirunning.com for more information.
Monday, December 10, 2012
The 21st Annual Egg Nog Jog in Mount Adams on Saturday December 15 at 10:00 AM is looking for a few course volunteers. If you are interested or need more information, contact Greg McCormick. For your efforts, you will receive the 2012 Egg Nog Jog T-Shirt.
Sunday, December 09, 2012
Click here to access the Cinci Runners' Updates - December 2012. Cinci Runners' Updates is a periodic e-newsletter sent by the Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati. You can sign up for it to the right on the blog or at the newsletter itself.
Thursday, December 06, 2012
Below is list of upcoming races in December. Check the club calendar for a few more races in December.
Saturday December 8
Saturday December 8
- Reindeer Romp, 9:00 am, Crosby Township Senior Center, Crosby Township OH, www.crosbytwp.org.
- Arctic Dash, 9:00 am,Camp Kern, 5291 State Route 350, Oregonia, OH, www.arcticdash.com.
- Women's Recovery Center Santa Run 5K, 9:30 am, Women's Recovery Center, 515 Martin Drive, Xenia OH, www.keysports.net.
- Jingle Bell Run/Walk, 10:00 am, Northern Kentucky Convention Center, Covington, KY, http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1024717
- Egg Nog Jog, 10:00 AM, Longworth's Mt. Adams OH, www.runningtime.net.
- Noel 5K, 10:00 am, Lunken Playfield, Cincinnati OH, www.noelrun.org.
- Topo Trail Running Series - Big Bone, 10:00 am, Big Bone Lick State Park, Union KY, www.topoadventuresports.org.