The Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati has a booth at the Ladies Distance Classic this Saturday August 1. If you are there as a runner or a volunteer, stop by and introduce yourself.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Race # 4 of the RCGC Summer Cross Country Series is in the books and and just 2 more to go. About 60-70 runners raced in relatively humid conditions. We got the race in before the rain came. Congratulations to David Bea who was the top male runner this week. David ran a 17:04 for the win and tied his best time on the course.
Christine Frederick was the top female this week as she ran a 20:46.
Join us at Loveland High School next week for Race #5 to either run it or watch it. It also may be your last chance to hear any new jokes from Race Director Stacy Osborne.
After a two week hiatus, the Sunday Group Run resumes on August 2 in Mount Adams at the Koka Coffee Lounge at 9:00 AM.
Weekly Group Run Details:
- Wednesday - 8:00 PM Run - Gettler Stadium, UC Campus. 3-6 miles. All paces welcome.
- Sunday Run - 9:00AM - resumes this Sunday, August 2, Koka Coffee Lounge 1101 St. Gregory Street, Cincinnati OH - Meet in front.
View the club calendar or contact email@example.com for more information.
Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati Member Laura Booke has joined Team in Training because her great niece, Louise who turned 3 this month, has Leukemia. Louise and her family live in Manhattan so Laura is running the New York City Marathon for her and would love to have your assistance.
You can contribute online at her fundraising page. For every dollar you donate, Laura will donate $0.25. Louise and Laura thank you very much.
Running Items of Interest
Over the past two weeks, a few running opportunities have come through the club's email:
Run4Chance - Run4Chance has spots available in the Air Force Marathon on September 19th at the Wright-Patterson AFB. Run4Chance raises money for the families of severely injured soldiers who have just returned from Iraq or Afghanistan. HBO, in connection with its film Taking Chance, purchased 50 spots in the Air Force Marathon in hopes that runners will run for Run4Chance at no charge. You need to raise $500 for their cause. For your efforts, you get an underarmour shirt and the satisfaction of helping a worthy cause. They also have spots in the Marine Corps Marathon. If you want more information, visit http://www.run4chance.com.
- Interested in running the NYC Marathon? The Boomer Esiason Foundation has 100 guaranteed entries into the ING NYC Marathon, but they are filling up fast. The application deadline for charity entries is August 10th, so anyone interested in participating should call 646-292-7936 or visit www.esiason.org/teamboomer.
- Looking for Bourbon Chasers - Jim White is a Police Officer in Northern Kentucky. He and a police buddy have signed up for the sold out Bourbon Chase Relay on October 9th and 10th. They are looking for a few more teammates to join them and their team. Teams are 12 runners, each runner runs 3 different legs during the 2 day event, and each leg is between 5-7 miles. The cost of the race is $100 per runner. They are also working on a sponsors, so if they find one, the costs can come down. If you would like to join their team, have some fun, drink some bourbon, or want more information, please email Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jim at 859-512-1964. Visit www.bourbonchase.com for information about the Bourbon Chase.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
RCGC Cross Country Series Race #3 Recap
Race # 3 of the XC series is in the books and 3 more to go. About 60-70 runners raced in relatively cool overcast conditions. Despite the rain the course was in good shape. Congratulations to Jordan Parayil who was the top male runner for the second week in a row. Jordan ran a 16:18 for the win and lowered his course record by almost 20 seconds. The top three males in the race were all under the old course record of 16:37.
Samantha Siler returned to the series this week and she lowered her own course record by 10 seconds in running a 19:27 to be the top female for week 3. Good job Samantha.
Join the club at Loveland High School next week for Race #4.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
A Midsummer Night's Trail RunJoin the Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati on August 11 to go "Over Hill, Over Dale, Through Brush, Through Briar" in A Midsummer Night's Trail Run in Mount Airy Forest! Last year's trail run in August was so much fun that many wondered when we would do another one. Awards to the Top 5 Males and Top 5 Females Runners and to the Top 5 Male Master(40 & over) and Top 5 Female Master(40 & over) Runners. Pregistration is $10 - General Public. $ 7 Runners Club Members / Age 21 & Under (add $8 for a T-shirt). Race day registration is $15(add $10 for a T-shirt). Racing fliers must be postmarked by Thursday August 6, 2009. Online registration available through Friday August 7, 2009.
- DATE: August 11, 2009
- TIME: 7:00 PM
- PLACE: Oval, Mount Airy Forest
- DISTANCE: 5 Mile Trail Run. View the course map.
- COST: Pre-registration: General Public - $10 . RCGC Members / Age 21 & Under: $7. T-shirts are $8.00.
Race Day Registration is $15. Race Day T-shirts - $10.
Thursday, July 09, 2009
Latest Group Run Updates
Recently the Wednesday Group Run moved from Hyde Park to the UC Campus to a later time to beat the heat. This Sunday July 12 will be the last run at It's Just Crepes. The Sunday Group Run will take a two week break as most of the runners plan to do a couple of local Sunday races, go out of town for vacation, or go out of town to do races. The Sunday run will resume on August 2 in Mount Adams at the Koka Cofee Lounge.
Weekly Group Run Details:
Wednesday - 8:00 PM Run - Gettler Stadium, UC Campus
Sunday Run - 9:00AM - It's Just Crepes, 39 East Court Street Cincinnati OH -Meet in front. Free Parking on Court Street on Sundays. July 12 will be the last run at It's Just Crepes. Sunday Group Run will resume August 2 at Koka Coffee Lounge in Mount Adams.
June Poll Results
Here are the latest results from the June Poll. The question was What is your favorite type of running? The open road was the top choice with 7 votes followed by Cross Country with 3 votes. Thank you to those that voted. The results will be up for the next few days.