Saturday, October 31, 2009

18th Annual Run Like Hell Recap
After 2008, I decided to attend this race again in 2009. It was the same location, but they moved registration across the street due to the construction and expansion at Xavier University. Thank goodness, the rain held off until about an hour after the race finished. It was much warmer(about 78 degrees) than in years past but windy so more runners competed this year than in years past. The course was the same as we ran through the Walnut Hills Cemetery with runners and walkers dressed in costume. I must be getting old as I don't remember the cemetery being quite that hilly. Unfortunately, a deer decided to join the run and missed every runner until it cut across the road and sideswiped one runner just coming out of the cemetery as I was going in. The biggest complaint about the race was that since the race was so much larger than in years past that they ran out of things like goody bags, T-shirts(thank goodness, I preregistered), water so the staff had to go out and buy some, long beer lines and it was quite hard to move around in the post-race. Fortunately, a brief rain cleared the crowd out just enough so people could move and get beer. The post race although not as good as the Reggae Run(but what race is) had a few more additions from 2008 like Donatos Pizza which I got before they ran out. They did not runout of burgers, goetta sandwiches, and hot dogs. The highlight of the event is the costume contest which I did not win but there is always next year.(I am thinking of going as a Giant Taco that craps ice cream in 2010.)
Run Like Hell Race Results.

3 comments:

Heliogal said...

It was first time I ran that race. Hadn't ran a 5 or 10 K in about ten years and am ALL about it, but know I be disappointed down deep when ppl aren't dressed up at my next run! I too saw the poor runner running out of the cemetery run down by that doe...initial thought was..."Now THAT'S a big dog.", but the victim of the hit-and-run just picked himself and kept running:) Reminds of the motto of my favortie 10K down in Charleston, SC "Get Over It"! I can't WAIT til next year!

Naashom said...

How do we find out what our time was?

CinciRunners said...

Go to www.racedmc.com. If you had a chip, your time should be posted there. If not, then you had to look at the screen or clock to get your time when you crossed the finish line. I will update the entry so there is a link to the race results.