Saturday, November 03, 2012

Run For Recovery 5k Recap

Run for Recovery 5K was a first year race that raises funds for the Grateful Life Foundation which assists active alcoholics and addicts and their families to achieve a healthy lifestyle and become independent, productive, contributing members of the community.  It was held at Blessed Sacrament Church in Ft. Mitchell Kentucky.  They had about 200 runners and walkers for the race. Race Day Registration was $35 which included a long sleeve t-shirt. The race also had chip timing with the Ipico Chip on the shoe. I forgot to grab a stay so I had to tie it through my shoelaces. The course was a mostly out and back course that went through a residential area into the Highland Cemetery. The cemetery was quite hilly and led to slower than expected race times. Conditions for the race were cold but clear. They were definitely better than the last race that I did  which featured a Superstorm and the race before which featured remnants of a Hurricane.  Post race featured hot dogs, bananas, granola bars, and water.  Results took sometime to do due to the slower than expected times and I needed to be somewhere by 10:30 so I left before the awards were handed out. I heard that they were gift cards courtesy of the Tri-State Running Company. Overall, it was a nice race with a few friends.  I may do it again just to see if I can run a better time on a challenging course. Run For Recovery Results

No comments: