- Running Scared 5k, Saturday October 8, 6:00 PM, Veteran's Memorial Stadium, 1600 West Street, Reading OH - A flat 3.1 mile course through a “spooky” cemetery, ending at a fabulous Halloween Fest! Participants are encouraged to run/walk in costumes. After the race, people are admitted to the post race party where they can listen to a hot band or have a cold beer. They can enjoy food and drinks from generous sponsors and listen to the live jammin’ band while they stay toasty warm inside or gather around the roaring fire outside. Proceeds benefit Youth Education. Visit www.runningscared5k.org for more information.
- Trick or Trail, Sunday October 9, 2:00 PM, Oxford Community Park, Oxford OH - A 1K or 5K-ish Run/Walk in Costume along the Trails of the Oxford Community Park. A Great Day of FUN for the Whole Family to Enjoy! Proceeds support The Luna Cares Fund which was created to help local women battling cancer with the financial burdens caused from medical costs incurred during treatments. Visit http://lunacares.com for more information.
- 31st Ghost N Goblin 5k Run/Walk, Tuesday October 18 6:30 PM, Welcome Stadium, 1601 S. Edwin Moses Blvd., Dayton, OH - The Ghost N Goblin 5k has been a Dayton Halloween tradition for over 30 years! Presented by the Ohio River Road Runners Club, the 2016 Ghost N Goblin is expected to be the best and biggest ever! Post race party with refreshments and a D.J. Proceeds benefit The Children's Medical Center of Dayton. Visit www.orrrc.org for more information.
- Mud-o-Ween 5k, Saturday October 24, 10:00 AM, Countryside YMCA, Lebanon OH - Take on the muckiest challenge! Three miles on all terrain trail run. You won’t come out clean after you slide down the ravine and run the creek trail. Forget about tires or barrels as obstacles– worry about fallen trees to block your way. Think you can cross the pond and still be recognized by your friends? Come race dressed as your favorite super hero if you dare. See what you can accomplish at the Countryside YMCA Mud-O-Ween! Stay for the After-Mud-Celebation and Harvest Party.Visit www.countrysideymca.org for more information.
- Undead 5k, Saturday October 22, 5:00 PM, Corwin Nixon Park, Mason OH, The Zombie Apocalypse is here. Are you prepared? An obstacle filled 5K run/walk through Zombie infested territory. Can You Survive? Visit www.undead5k.com for more information.
- Run Like Hell XXV, Friday October 28 7:30 PM, Dana and Woodburn Avenue, Cincinnati OH - Run a 5K in costume... Through a cemetery... To a party at the finish. Proceeds benefit Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Visit http://cincyrunlikehell.com for more information.
- Ivy Tech Monster Mash Dash 5k Run / Walk , Saturday October 29th 8:30 AM, Ivy Tech Community College, Lawrenceburg IN, Enjoy a morning run or walk along the spooktaculary scenic Ohio River! Visit www.stuartroadracing.com for more information.
- NAMI Trick or Trot 5k, Saturday October 29, 9:00 AM, Lindner Family Tennis Center, Mason OH - Dust off your your silliest, spookiest costumes and join NAMI for their annual NAMI Trick or Trot 5K run! For more information, visit www.nami-cc.org.
Tuesday, October 04, 2016
2016 Halloween Races in Greater Cincinnati
As any kid knows, October 31 is Halloween which means food and dressing up in costume. If you can not wait that long, there are few Halloween themed races throughout the month of October to get you in the Halloween spirit. Here are a few of them: