Thursday, July 17, 2008

13th Annual Sayler Park 5k
There are not many races on the West Side of Cincinnati. Even fewer that are less than 10 minutes drive from where I live. The race was this past Saturday July 12 and put on by the Cincinnati Recreation Commission. The race had about 170 runners /walkers and a very reasonable race day entry fee of $10(T-shirt not included). The race ran through the the streets and neighborhood of Sayler Park. The course was flat overall and the neighborhood of Sayler Park is a nice place to run with big large houses, neighborhood businesses etc. I ran a pretty slow 29 minutes. Post race was good with bagels, and cream cheese, water, cookies, bananas, and I believe gatorade. The only problem was that they were a little slow with awards. They used finish cards which sometimes makes results take a little longer rather than the standard bib tear offs. Hopefully, they will post results at their website so I can see how I did.

No comments: