Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fleet Feet Tuesday Group Run
I was planning to do the Runners' Depot of Loveland 5k on Tuesday night at 6:30 PM but due to a late start and slow traffic on Interstate 71 between Norwood Lateral and Blue Ash forced a change of plans to hit the group run at Fleet Feet. The group meets on Tuesday and Thursday at Fleet Feet in Blue Ash at 6:30 PM. When I got there, I was shocked at the number of people in attendance. They had at least 50 or it seemed like 50. Later I found out that they have training programs that meet on Tuesday for the Fall Marathons so everybody runs together. With so many runners, the training plan for today was intervals. After breaking us into to groups, we went down Kenwood Road to Belleview Avenue to Donjoy. Although the day was comfortable, they had water and gatorade for replenishment. The interval was from Donjoy to Kenwood Road and back. You could do it 1-4 times. I did it 3 times. It was quite a different workout than I normally do. I did about 5.5 miles of running with a few hills. Overall, it was nice to get out of the running that I usually do. Even though I know about intervals, I typically do not do many of them unless I am on a track. Many are training for a fall marathon, but they will gladly welcome another runner.

No comments: