Monday, February 18, 2013

15th Annual Sweetheart Shuffle 5k Race Recap

The Sweetheart Shuffle 5k is a race put on by the Middletown Street Striders. 2013 was the 15th year for the race. Usually, I do not have a chance to do this race since it falls the same weekend as the Valentine Labor of Love which is closer to where I live. In 2013, both races fell on different weekends so I could do both. The race was at the Atrium YMCA in Franklin and had a noon start. They had about 130 runners and walkers. Race Day Registration was $10 which was the same price as preregistration. For $5 more you could get a long sleeve t-shirt. I have plenty of shirts so I passed on the shirt. The race had chip timing with the Ipico Chip placed on the shoe. The course was two lap course near the Atrium Medical Center with one street that you ran out and back one time. It was mostly flat. Conditions for the race were great for a February afternoon with clear skies, Sun, almost 30 degrees and I felt no wind.   Post race was good actually great for paying only $10 for the race as they featured homemade cookies,coffee from Panera, bananas, focacia bread, and water.  Results took sometime to do but I really had no place to go so I stayed for the awards. Awards were semi-circular picture frames and went to some interesting categories like 12&under, 13-39, Masters(40-59) and Seniors(60+). They also had a twosome division for males and females racing together as a team. If the Valentine's Labor of Love and Sweetheart Shuffle 5k fall on different weekends in 2014, I may do it again due to the nice postrace, and great price for a 5k run. Race Results.

No comments: