Tuesday, October 08, 2013

2013 Reggae Run Recap

The Reggae Run is one of the Cincinnati's largest races. 2013 marked the 20th running of the Reggae Run. It was held at Ault Park in Hyde Park but due to outgrowing Ault Park, they moved it to Eden Park beginning in 2013 which meant a new course.  I had run most of them but the 1rst one(I had not yet begun to run), the 13th(case of Triskaidekahobia) and the last 2. Since they changed the location, I decided to try it again and check out the course since I liked the course in Ault Park.  The course for the Reggae Run was a point to point course that started near Sawyer Point Park on Eggleston and finished near the Gazebo in Eden Park.  It was flat for the first mile and and uphill for the last 2 miles.  If you ever ran the Flying Pig Marathon or Flying Pig Half, you are familiar with the climb up Gilbert. Conditions for the run were humid despite the rain earlier in the day. Crowd attendance seemed down from when I last did it on 2010.  Again the post race at Eden Park was terrific as this year I was able to get pizza, subs, grilled cheese, desserts, beer, wine etc. You may have to attend it to just check out the post race.  Also, back was the Ark Band who played on despite the rain after the race.  I may  run it again in 2014 but I will see since there are about 5 other races on the same Saturday that I may need to check out. Race Results.  

No comments: