- Club Fluid Station - The Club has a Flying Pig Fluid Station
at mile 22. This is one of our largest volunteer opportunities of the
year. We need about 40 volunteers; so please volunteer today. Volunteers
receive a free t-shirt courtesy of the pig, free food and drink at the
waterstop, the chance to socialize with other members in a relaxed
informal setting, and the free entertainment value of watching the Mile
22 Fluid Station Captain freak out over what could happen in 2017. The
2008 waterstop dealt with fire, 2009 dealt with no uplifting
music(Social Distortion is the last thing you want to hear at mile 22)
until the marathon unexpectedly came through with the DJ, 2010 dealt
with rain and flooding, 2011 dealt with being struck by lightning. If you're running the full marathon, ask family,
friends and coworkers to catch you at "Your water stop - Mile 22" or if
you enjoy to watch people suffer, mile 22 is definitely the place to be.
You can sign up to volunteer at our website or do the following:
- Go to the Flying Pig Volunteer Registration Page.
- Find and select Runners' Club of Cincinnati from the group list.
- Complete volunteer information.
- Use Runnerclub as the group password when asked near the end of the form.
For 2017 we are looking for a theme! If you have an idea contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Piggest Raffle Ever - The Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati is also part of the Piggest Raffle Ever with the Flying Pig Marathon for 2017 Adopt a pig for $5 for a chance to to win a 2 year lease on a Toyota Prius, $10,000 Cash ($5,000 to the winning ticket holder and $5,000 to the charity who sold the ticket) or a $1500 Cincinnati experience. To help out, select Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati as the charity at www.piggestraffle.com when you adopt a pig and the club gets a portion of the proceeds. Adopt A Pig.
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
2017 RCGC Flying Pig Updates
Here are a couple of updates about the Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati's involvement in the 19th Annual Flying Pig Marathon. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.