Thursday, June 11, 2009

RCGC National Trail Day Recap in Greater Cincinnati
The Runners' Club of Greater Cincinnati celebrated with a trail run at French Park for National Trails Day. Held the First Saturday in June, National Trails Day is a celebration of America's Great Trail System. There were more than 1500 events nationwide and the RCGC Run at French Park was one of the them.
About 10 of us met at the shelter at the top of the hill. I had not been to French Park since the RCGC Cross Country Series was last held there in 2000. RCGC Vice President Laura Wagner led the runners on run through the trails which featured a few Creek Crossings. Since I was one of the slower people, I got separated from the group and made a left when I should have made a right. Needless to say, I ended up on the a large portion of the old RCGC Cross Country Course. I ran that at least one time and headed back up to the top of the hill via the main road. Afterwards, the club provided water, pop, fruit, doughnuts, and cookies for post run refreshment. Thanks to Laura for leading the runners and making sure that all got back safely.

No comments: