Monday, December 21, 2009

2009 Egg Nog Jog Recap
The Egg Nog Jog is one of my favorite races in Cincinnati. I have run this race more times than any other in Cincinnati with the exception of the Reggae Run. The course is one of my favorites as it a hilly loop course that goes around Mount Adams, and Eden Park. It has one of the more difficult hills that I haver faced even though it is short. This year the race got about 400 runners and registration was at the Wine Cellar which is next door to the Koka Coffee Lounge, both sponsors and hosts for this race. Even with the added space, they may need to add another place for registration as the race has grown much over the past two years. I decided not to get the t-shirt since I have so many and due to the number of runners, I heard that they ran out on race day registration. However, you could order one and they would send it to you. The course starts on Jerome Street in Mount Adams and you go by several Mount Adams landmarks like the Celestial, the old Rookwood Pottery building now , the Art Museum, Playhouse in the Park, the Krohn Conservatory, the Water Tower and of course Eden Park. In Eden Park, you run around Mirror Lake and up through Seasongood Pavilion back to the finish by the old Rookwood Pottery Building which I believe is now a restaurant known as Porkopolis. Post Race featured water, coffee, bagels, bananas, pizza(if you acted quick enough) and of course Egg Nog. Since the awards ceremony was a little delayed this year(first year the race featured chip timing), I did not stick around to see if I won a door prize and left midway through the awards ceremony as I had some Christmas shopping to complete. 2009 Egg Nog Jog Results.

No comments: