Monday, September 12, 2011

Who Dey 5k Recap

The Who Dey 5k Race is put on by the Flying Pig Marathon for the Marvin Lewis Community Fund. In 2010 I was a spectator as I was injured and could not run. In 2011, I volunteered to help at this race and helped with volunteer check-in. At the last minute, I decided to walk the race even though I am still coming off an injury.
In 2010, the race was in November. For 2011, they moved it to September to coincide with the kickoff of the 2011 NFL season and to avoid the cold weather in November. The race was at Longworth Hall which is one the longest buildings in the world as it is about 1/4 mile long. They had about 800 runners and walkers for the race. The course was pretty flat except for the short climb up the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge.
Post race was pretty good but they ran out of chicken wings before I could finish. I had Glier's goetta, pizza, 1 beer and copious amounts of water. Also, they had the game on a giant television screen. Race Results.

No comments: