Sunday, August 25, 2013

Friendship City 5k Race Recap

The Friendship City 5k Run / Walk raises funds for the City of Erlanger Step Forward program to make Erlanger a more walkable community and connecting people through physical activity. This was the 10th year for the race, and the second time that I ran it(I ran it in 2012). I decided to do this race again at the last minute since Erlanger Ky is about 15 minutes from my home, having not done a race in sometime and the price was good as far as races go in Cincinnati.
 The race started at the Erlanger Branch of the Kenton County Library. They had over 100 runners and walkers. Race Day Registration was $15. If you wanted a shirt, it was an extra 5 dollars. I decided against the shirt.  Course went through the residential areas of Erlanger and was pretty flat. They had one waterstop on the course and the miles were marked but no mile timers. Post race featured bagels from Panera, bananas, water and chocolate milk.  It also featured door prizes during the awards ceremony. Overall, it was a nice casual relaxed race with a flat course. If I need a last minute fix for a race, I may do it again next year.  For race results, visit www.runningtime.net.

No comments: